In the first three months of 2011 I read 28 books. That’s not too shabby. I thought I’d do a little roundup in case you missed some of my reviews. Here are the 28 books grouped by category: Best Books, Organization and Productivity, Fiction, Christianity, Parenting and Education, Nutrition and Cooking, and Writing. Links are to my original reviews.
The best books I read this quarter:
It seems my theme for the quarter was organization and productivity! In that category I read:
- 48 Days to the Work You Love
- Unclutter Your Life in One Week
- Have a New You by Friday
- You, Inc.
- From Clutter to Clarity
- Getting Things Done
- Hamlet’s Blackberry
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard
I didn’t read a ton of fiction this quarter, but most of what I did read was YA and Christian lit, which is outside my normal genre preference, so that was probably good for me:
I read a few excellent and thought-provoking Christian study books:
In the parenting and education genres I read:
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
- Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional Professional Motherhood
- The Devil Knows Latin
- The Latin-Centered Curriculum
Then there was nutrition/cooking:
- Why We Get Fat
- The South Beach Diet
- A Homemade Life
- Gifts From the Kitchen (admittedly not much about nutrition, but indirectly about food)
I also read four books about particular business issues that wouldn’t be of interest to blog readers so I didn’t bother to review them. But take my word for it, I read them. And one was really really long so I want credit for it!
What did you read this quarter? What is the best book you’ve read so far in 2011?