So much cuteness, so little time
- I’m thinking of making Hannah and Sarah matching tutu t-shirts for Valentine’s day. Then I will have to make Jack a special outfit too, but how to make a manly Valentine’s Day shirt? Hm.
- When the girls are somewhere in the 6-9 age range, I will have to throw them a sewing birthday party. Seriously, how cute are the invites?
Things to think about
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle via The Happiness Project, which is a very interesting blog about happiness. I also found her personal rule to be herself thought-provoking: “You can choose what you do, but you can’t choose what you like to do.”
- “Pursuing your life’s work requires constant creativity because the paths will not always be obvious or easy to follow.” -Kevin Carroll via @MutheringHeight via @ToThink on Twitter. Next year I am SO going to Blissdom.
- This is from a while ago on Vitafamiliae, an excellent blog you should be reading if you are a parent and like to laugh and think (often at the same time): “My children don’t mind breaking things because they think I can fix it…Jesus said I was supposed to believe just like that.”
For parents with daughters and/or toddlers
- “One of the common ways that mothers fail their daughters is to load them down with criticism.” from Femina
- “Patience is not ‘putting up with’.” There is a difference between being patient and letting things go until things are really unbearable for everyone. “A patient mother is a faithful mother.” Lots to think about.
Problems! And solutions!
- Do you have canned tomatoes in your pantry? Seven foods so unsafe even the farmers who grow them won’t eat them. Let me know if you identify a source for cheap glass-canned tomatoes, or a way to grow tomatoes in my raised garden bed that will yield more than 15 or so per season…
- On a more positive note, perhaps you don’t need to buy a bigger car! You can change out seats to fit more people. Great post on expanding your options from LifeAsMom.
Is this possible????
- I have an old black sheath dress from like 10 years ago that I think is too short, so I’m thinking of making it over into this dress. I may also have to take it in a bit at the waist and hips. Maybe I will do this by spring. Of 2012.
- Could it be that Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica can be made in your very own kitchen?
- I, who never win anything, won TWO things lately! Woot! I won a $25 American Express gift card from the #savvyblogging Twitter party (don’t forget to follow me!) and then I won an amazing nine piece Wilton ultragold cake pan set from LifeAsMom! I’m SO excited about it!
- Further cool things are afoot. I’m getting ready to migrate my blog (again) to self-hosted Word Press for a number of reasons but hopefully it will make my site easier to read and navigate. And yes, I realize that I just lost a ton of readers by changing my URL to www.aspiritedmind.com and now I’m going to change it AGAIN to www.aspiritedmind.com, but I hope y’all will come along with me! I’ll keep you posted on the details and timetable so you’ll know where I am.