It’s been a while since I did one of those blog meme things, and there is an interesting one on Rocks In My Dryer today, so here it is:
As a happily married person, I will take this question to mean, if you could have one or the other of these characters to dinner, which would it be? In any case, the answer is Sawyer, without question. I don’t watch the TV show 24, which is where Jack Bauer stars, but I’ve seen it once or twice and Jack Bauer seems uptight, annoying, self-absorbed, and takes himself too seriously. Sawyer, from Lost (one of my favorite shows), on the other hand, is hilarious, interesting, and although he has a bad-boy exterior, he’s really a nice person inside. So we’ll have Sawyer for dinner, and we’ll serve BBQ.
2. If your life is ever made into a movie, who would play you?
My father-in-law thinks Kate Beckinsdale looks like me, but I’m pretty sure that’s because in Pearl Harbor she had brown hair and wore red lipstick. Anyway, I guess she can play me, I can’t think of anyone else.
3. What are three things are you doing now that, if you knew 20 years ago that you’d be doing them, you would have freaked out?
I don’t think anything I do now would have surprised my 8 year old self. As I recall, I pretty much wanted to be a mom when I grew up, and nothing huge has changed since the 1980s, I mean nothing that would have shocked me as an 8 year old, it’s not like we drive flying cars or live on the moon or something.
4. You have five minutes to pack up and leave. What goes and what stays?
Assuming of course that my family is safe, I would grab my wedding album, the computer hard drive (because that’s where all the pictures of the kids are), and the silver chest that holds my great grandmother’s sterling. And if there was any Brie in the fridge, I’d grab that too, in case I got hungry.
5. Name five features your ultimate dream house would have.
1. Hardwood floors throughout
2. A basement
3. Lovely established landscaping and very luscious fertile soil
4. No bugs
5. A really awesome crystal chandelier in the dining room
6. What one non-physical feature would you most like to change about yourself?
I would stop being a people pleaser. I think my life would be a lot better and less stressful if I didn’t care so much what people think about me.
Tag, you’re it.
Rather than naming specific people, just feel free to do this meme if you want to. If you have a blog, you could do it on your blog and leave me your link in the comments section, or if you don’t, you could leave your answers in the comments directly.