Last night as I was taking dinner out of the oven (chicken breasts pounded flat, rolled up with spinach and red pepper, and baked with wild rice in a little chicken broth), I turned to tell Josh something and the top of the casserole dish LEAPT off the dish and on to my arm. At first I didn’t know if it hurt. Ah, but then I did know, and it hurt like bejeebers.

In addition to electronic equipment, cds, and guitars, Josh also brought a first aid kit to our marriage. Inside the kit we found a tiny tube labeled “burn cream.” Since it was only five and a half years past the 12/00 expiration date on the tube, we figured it was all right and slathered it on my arm. Josh doctored me up with a gauze bandage and a plethora of thin strips of bandage tape. While I convalesced on the couch, Dr. Gillespie brought me several glasses of water. What a gentleman.

Dinner was tasty, at least. Cooking is such a hazardous occupation!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

CommentLuv badge

A Spirited Mind HomeAboutReadingWritingParenting

Thank you for joining the conversation at A Spirited Mind! Please keep your comments kind and friendly, even if you're disagreeing with me or another commenter. Comments that use inappropriate language, or that are cruel, threatening, or violent will be deleted. I'm sure you understand!