Last night at dinner with the Sawyers, the topic of moving came up, and got me started thinking about houses. Although our location is not ideal, Josh and I really do like our current house – the floorplan is perfect for us right now, and our yard is huge. However, if we did move one day (hopefully closer to church so people will be more likely to want to schlep our to our house to visit us) I hope we can find a house with the following qualities:
1) A big front porch. Maybe one that wraps around the house, so kids can ride their tricycles around it on rainy days. I always wanted to do that when I was a kid. It would need to be a wide porch, none of these fake skinny porches builders make nowadays that you can’t even sit on.
2) Hardwood floors or at least a laminate that doesn’t look too fake.
3) Four bedrooms. One for us, one for girls, one for boys, and one for guests/new babies. They don’t have to be huge, just big enough for bunk beds.
4) A basement so we have somewhere to put kids to play without having to have toys all over the house!
5) A room lined with built-in bookcases with a big table in the middle and a few comfy chairs around the edges that we can use for school or just for curling up to read.